Authorities Ignored Woman’s Rape Allegations Against Illegal Immigrant Who Later Raped Her Again

Authorities Ignored Woman’s Rape Allegations Against Illegal Immigrant Who Later Raped Her Again

Authorities didn’t act on a woman’s rape allegations against a Honduran man in the U.S. illegally until after he came back months later to kidnap and rape her again in front of their 2-year-old child, The Daily Caller reports.

Jose Amaya-Vasquez, 30, who illegally entered the U.S. three times, kidnapped his ex-girlfriend and repeatedly raped her at knife-point during a four-day drive from Kansas City, Missouri to Camden, New Jersey, according to federal prosecutors. Their two-year-old child was brought along on the ride.

Amaya-Vasquez was arrested in May at a motel near Philadelphia after law enforcement officers tracked the woman’s cell phone. He was charged by federal prosecutors on October 14, and scheduled to appear in court Monday.

The woman first called police after she claimed she was raped by Amaya-Vasquez February 14 in her home in Kansas City, Missouri. But an arrest warrant for that incident wasn’t issued until after Amaya-Vasquez was captured in Camden, New Jersey on May 26 after he raped her for a second time.

In May, prosecutors said the rapist encountered the victim in a parking lot in Kansas City and held her against her will with a folding knife and threatened to kill her three children and mother in Honduras.

According to a probable cause statement, authorities interviewed the victim months earlier after Amaya-Vasquez told her, “we’re going to have sex or you’ll never see your kids again” while holding a knife to her throat.

He also said “she had to decide that night if she wanted to live or die,” FBI special agent Nicole Canales wrote in court documents. He “told the victim that she was going to be with him until death’ and that they were going to New York.”

Despite the language, the arrest warrant wasn’t filed until May 26 and Amaya-Vasquez remained in the U.S. illegally for another three months when it was finally acted on following his arrest.

Separate court documents that were filed last week in New Jersey go into detail about Amaya-Vasquez’s criminal history but don’t bring up the alleged rape in February.

The man originally entered the country illegally in 2005, but wasn’t caught by police until July 2014 when he was immediately deported.

He was stopped again two months later after illegally entering the country from Mexico for the second time. After serving 30 days in jail, he was deported and banned from re-entering the U.S. for 20 years.

It is unclear when Amaya-Vasquez entered the U.S. the third time.

In addition to sexual assault and kidnapping charges in New Jersey, Amaya-Vasquez also faces unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, terroristic threats and resisting arrest.

Leave a Reply


Show Buttons
Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Google Plus
Share On Reddit
Contact us
Hide Buttons